Who are we?
MacMan is a Kent and Sussex based company which has successfully provided our customers with a variety of Apple based IT services since starting in 2006 and operating as a limited company since 2009. We now have retail stores in Brighton, Horsham, Tunbridge Wells and Sevenoaks; a popular business support contract model; and a successful online store branded ‘The Mac Store’.
We enjoy an informal and friendly approach to business, which is reflected in our positive working environment, low turnover of staff and a very loyal repeat customer sales base.
What are we looking for?
We already have relationships in place with local education centres so you can get qualified as well as quickly learn how to be a MacMan. We also have a track record of previously having apprentices becoming quickly skilled up, getting qualified and then becoming assistant managers within two years of qualification.
An overall interest in tech is essential here but no previous experience is required, we can help you with that bit. But. This is not a role for the feint hearted. You must be willing to learn quickly, work hard and have a good attitude.
About the role:
Initially, you will be learning to troubleshoot and repair hardware and software issues across the Apple product range and to maintain logs on the central CRM system. Once up to speed and self-confident, you will then be able to also assist the team in day to day admin; answering the phone and responding to in- store and online enquiries in a professional manner, encouraging the customer about the benefits of switching to Mac and/or in upgrading or repairing their existing Mac, serving retail customers and carrying out hardware repairs across the Apple range.
– A keen eye for detail
– Good with communication in person, over the phone and in writing
– Able to balance a multitasking role and to prioritise
– Ability to understand directions from colleagues, work independently from guides and learn from mistakes
Salary and other important bits about working here:
– All applicants must be aged 21 or younger to qualify for the outsourced external qualification – Salary is at the National Apprenticeship rate
– Pension scheme + Perkbox membership + staff discount scheme
– 38 hours per week over a five day week (including Saturdays)
If this all sounds interesting to you then please apply here ASAP.