Full time, permanent position
Who are we?
MacMan is a Kent and Sussex based company which has successfully provided our customers with a variety of Apple based IT services since starting in 2006 and operating as a limited company since 2009. We now have retail stores in Brighton, Horsham, Tunbridge Wells and Sevenoaks; a popular business support contract model; and a successful online store branded ‘The Mac Store’.
We enjoy an informal and friendly approach to business, which is reflected in our positive working environment, low turnover of staff and a very loyal repeat customer sales base.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for an experienced Apple Mac technician to join us in our busy Tunbridge Wells branch.
The successful candidate will be primarily based in our workshop, repairing, assessing and upgrading Apple Macs. There may also be an amount of on-site work expected of you. You will be responsible for maintaining our existing high-quality level of repairs and upgrades and our extremely high customer service standards. You will also be expected to work amongst our team as a whole and therefore be may also be responsible for some hardware, logistics, front of house, customer service, and retail work.
About the role:
You must have experience in the following areas:
– A current Apple certification either to ACMT standard or higher
– Mac OS X Support Essentials 10.8 and above
– Working experience in the Apple Mac environment i.e. an understanding of Apple processes, products and software
– Working experience in a customer focused role, either on the shop floor or office based
– Excellent knowledge of Mac products, software and accessories, including upgrade paths for older Macs and software upgrades
– Basic knowledge of TCP/IP protocols and networking
– Ability to multitask dividing your time between priorities sensibly – Good telephone manner and written communication
– You possess a love of technology and all things Apple
– You are well-spoken, articulate and smartly presented
– Proactive, forward-thinking and a strong team player
– You are patient and maintain an understanding that not all humans like to embrace technology and may find it hard to understand what you are advising them
– Possess the ability to turn complaints into positive experiences, possess great communication skills, and the ability to see the positives
– You are competent in a face to face environment
Salary and other important bits about working here:
– You will be required to work 5 days per week between Monday-Saturday from 9am-6pm
– 20 days holiday per year (plus all bank holidays) starting package which rises year on year
– Pension scheme + Perkbox membership + staff discount scheme
– Initial salary negotiable and dependent on experience
If this all sounds interesting to you then please apply here ASAP.