Join our team and be part of a growing tech company!
We’re looking to expand our support team in our busy Tunbridge Wells store to enable us to further support customers at home and in business. We’re specifically looking for someone with experience in both second and third line support as well as on-site technical experience, including client account management. The right candidate will have experience troubleshooting Mac OS, Mac OS Server, iOS and Windows platforms and have a working understanding of network topology and configuration.
Since our launch in 2006, we’ve expanded to four retail stores in Tunbridge Wells, Sevenoaks, Brighton, and Horsham, providing our home and business customers with Apple IT support services and sales through our online store.
We pride ourselves on customer service so you need to be a people person. Our team is close-knit, hardworking, conscientious and enthusiastic. We enjoy an informal and friendly approach to business, which is reflected in our positive working environment, and have an extremely loyal repeat customer base.
Ideal candidates should have experience/be confident in:
• 2nd/3rd line support
• Supporting Mac OS and Windows clients
• Supporting Mac OS Server and Windows SBS environments
• Configuring, installing TCP/IP network switches L1 and L2
• Configuring, installing and surveying Wi-Fi environments
• Hardware repair
We’re looking for someone with:
• Proven methodical, logical troubleshooting skills
• Comfortable with acquiring & meeting clients in person to audit and support
• Confident with new clients via phone and in person
• Ability to start and see a project through to completion
• Calm, confident persona even when things are not going as planned
• Confident face-to-face and good telephone manner
• Full UK driving licence*
Day-to-day tasks may include:
• Maintaining our SLAs and responding to support requests, via email, web chat, remote screen sharing and phone
• Proactively monitoring server support customers and report issues
• Promoting our support offerings to our existing clients and new. This maybe be via phone or onsite visits
• Onsite visits that can include Mac/Windows server setups, Wi-Fi network installations, structured cable installations and general troubleshooting.
• Initial audit and fact-finding visits to perspective support clients
The important bits
• Competitive starting salary, dependent on experience, with regular pay reviews
• Annual leave scheme that scales up based on employment term (and you’ll always have your birthday off)
• Company contribution pensions scheme
• Employee incentive schemes Perk Box and Perks at Work
*Please note that while the role is based at our Tunbridge Wells office, you will be required to regularly work on-site at our other locations (with use of the MacMan company car, if needed)
If this sounds like you and you’re genuinely interested, please email us your CV and a covering letter ASAP as the position can have an immediate start.