Join our team and be part of a growing tech company!
MacMan is looking for a skilled Computer Technician to join our busy Tunbridge Wells team and enhance our extensive skillset. We’re looking for someone who has experience across all technology brands – not just Apple – so software and hardware proficiency in both Windows computers and Android and Google phones is essential. If you enjoy tech, enjoy helping people, pride yourself on providing top-notch customer service and are also conscientious and want to progress in your career, then this is the perfect job for you.
Since our launch in 2006, we’ve expanded to four retail stores in Tunbridge Wells, Sevenoaks, Brighton, and Horsham, providing our home and business customers with Apple IT support services and sales through our online store.
You’ll be based in our Tunbridge Wells workshop, repairing, assessing and upgrading phones, tablets and computers. We pride ourselves on customer service so you need to be a people person. Our team is close-knit, hardworking, conscientious and enthusiastic. We enjoy an informal and friendly approach to business, which is reflected in our positive working environment, and have an extremely loyal repeat customer base.
You will be:
· experienced with phone and tablet repairs
· proficient in Windows troubleshooting
· you enjoy seeing complex tasks through to completion
· patient, maintaining a cool head, even when dealing with less technologically-minded customers
· confident in a (Covid-secure) face-to-face environment
You will have:
· the ability to turn complaints into positive experiences
· a good telephone manner
· good written communication skills
· the ability to manage your time between priorities.
The important bits
· Competitive starting salary, dependent on experience
· Annual leave scheme which scales up based on employment term (and you’ll always get your birthday off!)
· Company contribution pension scheme
· Employee incentive schemes Perk Box and Perks at Work
The position is retail based so you may be required to work 5 days on any day between Monday and Saturday.
If you’re interested, please email us your CV and a covering letter ASAP as the position can have an immediate start.