MacMan is growing, and we are currently looking for new technicians to join us in our busy Tunbridge Wells and Sevenoaks stores.
You will be based in our workshop, repairing, assessing and upgrading Apple Macs, but in time you will also be required to go out on-site. You will be responsible for maintaining our existing high-quality level of repairs and upgrades, our extremely high customer service standards, and offering customers options from our excellent range of Apple kit, both new and preowned.
At MacMan, the customer is everything, and as a small business, the initial impression and experience mean a lot. You will be offering sales advice and support centred around Apple products in-store, over the telephone and by email. This means we need a technologically confident and able individual who can thrive in a busy customer-facing environment. You need to love Apple products, tech and working with people.
About us MacMan is a Kent and Sussex based company which has successfully provided our customers with a variety of Apple-based IT services since 2006, and we now have retail stores in Brighton, Horsham, Tunbridge Wells and Sevenoaks; a popular business support model; and a successful online store.
We enjoy an informal and friendly approach to business, which is reflected in our positive working environment and a very loyal repeat customer base.
The role requires no more than a hardworking and proactive personality, all training will be provided – however, some of the following would also be ideal:
– Well-spoken, articulate and smartly presented
– Proactive, forward-thinking and a strong team player
– Enjoy seeing sometimes complex tasks through to completion
– Patient and maintain a cool head, even when dealing with less technologically minded customers
– Possess the ability to turn complaints into positive experiences, have great communication skills, and the ability to see the positives
– Confident in a face to face environment
– Good telephone manner and written communication
– Ability to multitask dividing your time between priorities sensibly
– Ability to understand the insides of a computer
– Logical troubleshooting, assessment skills and OS intuition
– Possess an interest in technology and Apple
Salary and benefits
Starting salary of £18k to £22k dependent on experience. Company pension and Perkbox benefits also included.
Customer service is key to the success of our business and you need to be a people person. Our team is close-knit, hardworking, and enthusiastic. If you enjoy all things Apple, enjoy helping people, pride yourself on providing top-notch customer service, and have a positive attitude, then this might just be the job for you!
If you’re interested in the above position please email us your CV and covering letter.